Nagiosgraph question...

Chris Wilson chris at aidworld.org
Wed Mar 30 19:00:36 CEST 2005

Hi Braun,

(copied to nagios-users so that others can benefit)

> Thanks.  I've replaced the default map file with yours.
>
> Should I immediately start seeing RRD files in the rrd directory?

If the output of the plugins that you're using matches the regular
expressions in the map file, and there are no permissions problems or
other reason why the insert command won't insert, then you should see
RRD files being created as soon as Nagios calls insert.pl.

If not, then turn up nagiosgraph debugging to full (level 5), and if you
see messages about the output not being recognised in your nagiosgraph
log file, tune the regular expressions until they match. Otherwise,
investigate other potential causes of failure as indicated by the
nagiosgraph log file, or if it remains empty, the nagios.log file.

Cheers, Chris.
--
(aidworld) chris wilson | chief engineer (chris at aidworld.org)