External Command

Leonardo Henrique Machado leonardomachado at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 00:33:45 CEST 2005

In nagios.cfg check_external_commands=1

It will create a nagios.cmd file in rw directory.

If it still doesnt work, check apache/error.log file. If its a
permission problem, give 777 permission to nagios.cmd. If it works
then you have problems with groups. If it does not work check if all
directories in the nagios.cmd path has execute permission.

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:41:59 +0000 (UTC), Josh <samba at guidemail.com> wrote:
> I can't seem to get the external command setup correctly.  I followed the FAQ
> and verified it several times.
>
> I compiled Nagios with:
>
> ./configure --with-nagios-user=nagios --with-nagios-group=nagios
> --with-command-group=nagioscmd
>
> All users are created and nagios, wwwrun and nobody are members of both nagios
> and nagioscmd groups
>
> I followed the FAQ for setting up the var/rw directory.  I have restarted apache
> and verified it is running as wwwrun however I still get the error about not
> being able to access the external command file.
>
> Anyone have any ideas ?
>
> Suse 9.2
> Nagios 2.0b2
>
> Josh