lot's of unknowns

Aurimas Mikalauskas aurimas.m at interdata.lt
Tue Mar 29 13:12:47 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have this strange problem and I'm looking for an answer hopefully in
the right place. I'm new to nagios and I'm sure I'm just missing
something:

Most of checks are done via snmp. And if snmp daemon on the server
crashes, I get lot's of emails and smss saying that the service
states are unknown (and I think - damn, it'd be better if the host was
unreachable). Is there any way to make nagios believe that if it gets
more than two unknown states in one check period for the same host,
probably it's just a simple disaster and it could only send a simple
notice - "man, your server is almost dead - only two out of the 20
services you are checking are still in a KNOWN state!"?

Thank you in advance!

Respectfully,
Aurimas