wmi agentless plugins

Glenn Meisenheimer gmeisenheimer at itgroundwork.com
Tue Mar 29 01:24:10 CEST 2005

Friends,

I have updated the scripts on the Windows wmi agentless plugin site:

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/NRPE_Plugins.66.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_
view]=235

They now all return performance data (except for the check_process.vbs
 monitor).

There are 5 scripts posted now.  They monitor cpu, memory, disk,
 disks (for multiple disks) and process(s).

You will need to load nrpe-nt on a windows box then install these
 scripts on that box.  When you call the scripts they will use the
 Microsoft network (with authentication) to retrieve monitoring
 data from remote Windows boxes without the need to install any
 agents on the remote boxes.

So you need an agent (nrpe-nt) on one box which then acts as a proxy
 server and retrieves data from remote windows hosts without having
 to install anything at all on them.

Details on how to use these scripts are posted on the site.  All
 of them respond to the standard --help directive.

If you have any questions, contact me at gmeisenheimer at itgroundwork
 .com

Glenn A. Meisenheimer

Customer Service Manager

Groundwork Open Source Solutions