delete old logfiles

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Sun Mar 27 18:12:30 CEST 2005

Seriously? It's not as if you are completely helpless here... Create or
use a partition that is more suited to whatever retention schedule you
are wanting. That should be an obvious solution.

[nagios at betelgeuse var]$ pwd; du -sh archives/
/usr/local/nagios/var
1.7G    archives

The above directory contains archives beginning in June of 2002 for
about 2800 services on 1800 devices. It's overkill as the standard
reports will go back no further than 2 years but I need to keep about 5
years worth. I still have > 10 Gigs of space for archive storage and
another 17 or so years to go before I have to worry about space.

--
Marc