check_nagios flapping

nemir nemiria nemir at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 23 18:54:36 CET 2005

Hi there.

I have two nagios boxes in two separate datacentres, and in the interests of
redundancy I decided to have them run check_nagios on each other.

Initial testing of the service was great,  but it doesn't seem to matter
what I do,  I can't keep it from flapping.

One server is running Nagios 1.3 with plugins 1.31,  the other is running
nagios 2.02b and plugins 1.41.  Both flapping at each other like a couple
of.... well I won't continue with taht simile in the interests of public
decency,  but I think you get the idea.  ;-)

HAs anyone else had this problem?

How often does nagios cycle that logfile that cehck_nagios does an age check
thing...?

Could it be causing problems if it sees more than one process?  (for some
reason occasionally it reports more than one,  I assume that is because it
is matching the child processes that actually do the checking.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nemir