SV: Nagios 2.0 stable

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Mar 23 18:06:42 CET 2005

OSS vs Redmond aside, any user who takes a developers word for "stable"
and doesn't test before implementing deserves to lose their job. If the
production environment isn't important enough for there to be room in
the budget for one or two evaluation servers, it probably doesn't matter
what software you run. You'll get burnt just the same.

It's worth noting here that OSS software has nothing to gain from
offering their software as stable when it isn't tested, while
proprietary software vendors (such as symantec, microsoft etc) do.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer