Question for macros for host-notify-by-email

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Mar 23 16:38:40 CET 2005

$HOSTNAME$\nState:
> $HOSTSTATE$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nInfo: $OUTPUT$\n\nDate/Time:
> $DATETIME$\n" | /usr/bin/mail -s "Host $HOSTSTATE$ alert for
$HOSTNAME$!"
> $CONTACTEMAIL$
>         }
>
> But inside the email I got this:

Since there are few details about what version you are using, I am going
to assume that you are using 1.x config files with a 2.x installation of
nagios. There have been significant changes to the macros with 2.x and
you should review any that you are using.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/macros.html

In this case, I think you're looking for $HOSTOUTPUT$ and either
$LONGDATETIME$ or $SHORTDATETIME$, depending on which you want.

--
Marc