Check_ping Problem... part ???

Larry Naves lnaves at asc.edu
Wed Mar 23 16:53:03 CET 2005

su - root
chown root.root check_icmp
chmod 4755 check_icmp
# To test
su - nagios ./check_icmp -H localhost

Larry Wayne Naves, Jr. "Jay"
Systems Analyst
Computer Sciences Corporation /
Alabama Supercomputer Authority
-----Original Message-----
From: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of
Nicole.Haehnel
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 2:42 AM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagios-users] Check_ping Problem... part ???

Hi,

I have the same problem like many others here.
I updated nagios from 1.2 to 2.0b2 and the nagios plugins to from 1.3x to
1.4.
Now check_ping isn't working.

/bin/ping -n -U -w 10 -c 1 xx.xx.xx.xx
CRITICAL - Could not interpret output from ping command

It's on fedora core2 kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC2 and on redhat enterprise 4
kernel 2.6.9-5.0.3.EL.
The old check_ping plugin worked without any problems.
What's the difference?
And is there any possibility to get the new check_ping plugin to working?

I also tested check_icmp. It works when starting from console, but not if
nagios is running.

Thanks!

Nicole

any issue.