How limit external commands to no-admin users?

Ben Polson ben.polson at ehealth.com
Mon Mar 21 17:50:32 CET 2005

I think I see the issue.  The apache is only protecting the webserver from
displaying content in the /usr/local/nagios/var/rw folder.  This
configuration has nothing to do with the execution of cgi's which call to
that folder outside of the apache server's controls.  To protect the
execution of cgi's, you need to protect the cgi folder:

    <Directory /usr/local/nagios/sbin>
        AllowOverride None
        Options None
        Order Allow,Deny
        Allow from 10.212.0.0/255.255.255.0
    </Directory>

Adjust the folder path above to reflect your cgi-bin directory.

-Ben.