check_hsrp?

Mike Gerber mgerber at leitwerk.de
Sat Mar 19 13:15:25 CET 2005

Hi,

Sorry for not replying to the original mail.

> >I need to detect when HSRP has switched routes and detect other HSRP
> >errors, assuming there are any.

As a starter, I would query the virtual HSRP IP address via SNMP and
then compare the reported hostname so see if the virtual address is
on the default router.

I'm sure Cisco's HSRP MIBs would give away more information, but
haven't looked into it.

Bye,
Mike
Mike Gerber
Management Internet/Security Development

LEITWERK GmbH                               http://www.leitwerk.de
Im Ettenbach 13a                            Fon: +49 7805 918 0
77767 Appenweier                            Fax: +49 7805 918 200