FILEAGE output in Unix time

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 06:51:36 CET 2005

Hi Paul,
Please remember to add to the Subject of your message NC_Net when the
problem is related to NC_Net (or check_nt with NC_Net)

The problem with FILEAGE is that the date format was not fully
implemented on any of the check_nt versions in cvs of the official
plugins.  the NS_Client  documentation Did specify that it did this
but it did not.

The Documentation of NC_Net was updated to reflect the reality of the
FILEAGE command about a month ago in version 2.1?.  in the FILEAGE
section (http://www.shatterit.com/nc_net/files/readme.html#File_Age_Usage)
of the NC_Net readme it specifies that date format is not implemented.
also the internal help command of check_nt(that came with NC_Net) was
updated to reflect this as well. ( ./check_nt --help=FILEAGE)

the output format of the active check is only the UNIX time,  the
passive check on the other hand is using a more verbose output as
described in the Readme.html

Good Luck
Tony