Status Map icons

Shawn Iverson shawn at nccsc.k12.in.us
Fri Mar 18 22:28:30 CET 2005

On Friday, March 18, 2005 1:52 PM Andrew Cruse wrote:

>nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:
>> Dimitri Yioulos wrote:
>>> I just tried the method Andrew outlined below (I have rtfm, and it
>>> suggests same), but still no joy L.  Of course, icons are
>something I
>>> could live without, but .  Must the image files be owned by a
>>> particular user (mine were originally owned by root; I changed that
>>> to apache, just to see what would happen).  I also changed
>>> permissions to 777.  Nothin' seems to work (oh, the pain).
>>
>> I'm pretty sure you have to convert to GD2 files for the
>status map.
>> ;)
>>
>> See the FAQ here: http://www.nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=97
>

>I can say with certainty that isn't required.  My
>understanding is that GD2, PNG, and Jpeg all work fine with
>statusmap.cgi.  IIRC, statusmap can convert PNG and JPG to GD2
>on the fly when it's launched, so converting your images to
>GD2 first will make the statusmap load faster, but isn't
>necessary.  I know I'm lazy and haven't bothered to convert my
>images yet and they seem to display ok. :-)
>
>Andrew

I have never been able to get any kind of icons to work except for png
on Nagios 1.2, same permissions and all.  In fact, I had the same
problem with the sample statusmap logo images from the Nagios website
links.  I never did figure out why and didn't pursue the issue.  Even
then I had to be careful on their data format when making my own and
saving them as png files, and I had to play with the settings before
they would display properly (use palette indexing!).  I converted all my
pictures using gimp.   Even converting them to GD2 did not work for me,
so I just stuck with png files.

--

Shawn