filtering critical erros when nrpe dies on remote host

Frederik Vanhee frederik.vanhee at perso.be
Fri Mar 18 14:41:49 CET 2005

Hello,

I'm checking quite a lot of services via nrpe.
When, for one or other reason the nrpe-daemon stops running on the
remote host, I get a critical notification for all nrpe-checked-services
on that host.
I would be satifsfied to get just one notification from my own plugin to
check if the nrpe-daemon is running and suppress all other notifications

So I thought to use service-dependencies, in a way that when the 'check
nrpe daemon'-plugin returns critical, all other services on that host
shouldn't be checked anymore, but this seems very difficult to
configure, because you have to do it for every individual host and service.

Anyone has better ideas.

Thanks,

Frederik