Operational View of Nagios services/hosts

nuffers at tsainc.com nuffers at tsainc.com
Thu Mar 17 21:44:52 CET 2005

Scenario:
If you have a helpdesk and you only want them to be able to view
services/hosts current status and not give external commands.
An application administrator has their own services.  There are other
services such as disk space which are useful to them. They should only
have view and not be able to issue commands.

If you want a contact-group to only view services and not perform any
external commands, there isn't a way to do it that I know of.

If you define a contact-group for a service, they can view and issue a
command.
If you define a contact-group for a host, they can view and issue commands
to the host and all services
If you use escalation, the contact group can view and issue commands.

>From what I tried and read, there is no way to accomplish this.  I'm
hoping that someone has a suggestion or I over looked something.

A great tool to keep people informed on the health of hosts/services.  I
would love to give views to other groups but with the relationship between
view and giving commands....I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Suggestions?

Steve