check_ping works fine from command line but cgi shows ping resultsas "unknown"

Larry Naves lnaves at asc.edu
Thu Mar 17 21:12:58 CET 2005

My services are defined as: check_ping! 3000.0,80% ! 5000.0,100%
Does the spaces                        ^      or  ^ ^ here matter? They work
fine for our UP hosts.
My command is: $USER1$/check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$ -p 5
(the same as your)
I checked and the /bin/ping on my cent-os-4 system shows:
     /bin/ping -n                      -U           -c 5 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is
OK
numeric output ^^ user to user latency ^^ and count ^^

Larry Wayne Naves, Jr. "Jay"
Systems Analyst
Computer Sciences Corporation /
Alabama Supercomputer Authority