check_ping works fine from command line but cgi shows ping resultsas "unknown"

Larry Naves lnaves at asc.edu
Thu Mar 17 15:23:55 CET 2005

I am still having this problem after replacing check_ping (1.2) with (1.3).
My problem is a little different though check_ping works great when the host
is reachable, if the host is unreachable (literally not because of a down
parent) the check returns /bin/ping -n -U -c 5 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and the
status is UNKNOWN. Why does the plugin not just return host-down or
unreachable, etc. Should I try a different check_ping?

>Great!!!
> Thanks Davy!
> I unpacked and compiled the nagios-plugins 1.3.1 and extracted >the
> check_ping into my libexec/ dir  and everything started to work >again.

> Davy Gaussen escribió:
>
> >Hi,
 >
 >I had this problem to, try to install the nagios-plugins version 1.3.x,
the
 >new ones have compatibilities issues with the ping command of some new
 >system.
 >It worked fine for me.
 >
 >Davy

Larry Wayne Naves, Jr. "Jay"