Rép. : [Nagios-users] no /usr/local/nagios/etc/ folder,

Serveur-Faucon Surveillance SrvFaucon at cslaval.qc.ca
Thu Mar 17 14:31:46 CET 2005

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/config.html

OR

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/config.html

I've readen the docs and browsed the archives but i've not been able to
find an answer to my question.
I've installed nagios (latest release, compiled from sources on a
debian, woody) , i can see the web interface.

After the installation i couldn't see what is mentionned in the
documentation about the /usr/local/nagios folder.
I only have bin, sbin, share and var folders.

I can't find my /etc folder.
I tried to find a file which normally should be placed under /etc.
I searched for contactgroups.cfg the result is:
/home/jeanjacques/nagios-1.2/sample-config/default-object/contactgroups.cfg
/home/jeanjacques/nagios-1.2/sample-config/template-object/contactgroups.cfg

if i do "locate nagios.cfg" i get
/home/jeanjacques/nagios-1.2/sample-config/nagios.cfg
/home/jeanjacques/nagios-1.2/sample-config/nagios.cfg.in

To be sure that the system database is updated i've made an updatedb but
it doesn't change anything.

Is there a kind of install.log where i could know in which place the
/etc folder would have been created ?

Should i create this floder manually and copy the sample-config files
inside it ?

Best regards,

Jean-Jacques