How do I send a notification to a specific group

Mark Ahlstrom mark.ahlstrom at managedmail.com
Wed Mar 16 17:03:16 CET 2005

I want to send a notification that the oncall group is on call. I'm
doing this now through the command file and a passive service, where I
force a Non-OK state wait 2 seconds and put it back to OK

print NSCA "$hostname\t$service\t$return_code\t$primary is oncall
$secondary is your backup\n";

The problem is this will send out several notifications, for those who
want recovery notifications. Plus, because of my escalation procedures,
the backup is not notified because only one notification goes out.

Is there an actual SEND_NOTIFICATION function that I can use that will
just page out the oncall and the backup... without having to force
Non-OK states?

mark