R: External Commands via CGI interface

Peter J. Holzer hjp+nagios at wsr.ac.at
Wed Mar 16 10:35:19 CET 2005

On 2005-03-16 10:16:08 +0100, Marco Borsani wrote:
> I submit commands with "marco" user, that is inside of nagios group:
> # id marco
> uid=101(marco) gid=200(nagios) groups=20(users)

Who is "I"? If you mean you authenticated as "marco" to the webserver,
this is completely irrelevant. The CGI script will always run as the
same user as the web server or - if your web server is using suexec or a
similar mechanism - as the user it is configured to run.

Please:

* Read the docs.

* Read the archives of this list (that question is answered at least
  twice each month) and whatever else google shows.

* Read the configuration of your webserver (If you don't understand your
  webserver configuration, read the docs of your webserver, too).

> Moreover I add rx permissions to "other" for rw directory, but this should
> be unusefull.

I guess it would change the error message slightly.

	hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer \Beta means "we're down to fixing misspelled comments in
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR     \the source, and you might run into a memory leak if
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ \write your plugins upside-down in lisp". --ae at op5.se