Using Sounds

nuffers at tsainc.com nuffers at tsainc.com
Tue Mar 15 23:12:54 CET 2005

Does anyone find the sounds for service/hosts problems helpful?  I was
trying it and I found it more annoying then helpful.  Every time I click
on anything under the "Monitoring" section except for the status-maps, I
get a sound.  I always have at least 1 service in a non-normal condition.

It would be nice if the sounds would only make a noise once for every
event.  Or it was based upon who is logged and their
notification/escalation configuration.  Or Only be available under the
Tactical Overview screen.  Just some thoughts.

Otherwise, you are notified for an event every time you click on one of
those.  The default refresh rate of 90 seconds will also produce a sound.

Steve Nuffer

Transaction Systems Architects, Inc.        330 S. 108th Ave.    Omaha, NE
68154-2684
 (402) 390-7938    Fax (402) 778-1413    nuffers at tsainc.com