how to inform a user

Davy Gaussen nagiosadmin at snef.fr
Tue Mar 15 16:16:54 CET 2005

 Hi,

 you have to define your users and their email addresses in the contacts.cfg
 file, the you define the contactgroups.cfg, and when you define a services
 in services.cfg,
 configure the contactgroup to notify by this line :

 #define service{
 # use generic-service
 # host_name R-CiscoBE
 # service_description Etat de la memoire
 # is_volatile 0
 # normal_check_interval 5
 # check_period 24x7
 # contact_groups nagios-admins             //contactgroup to notify the
 problems
 # notification_options c,w,r                     // notify for recovery,
 warning and critical state
 # check_command check_snmp_mem!public!95!99
 #; register 0
 #}