[Fwd: Re: soft state turns to hard state after a delay]

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Mar 15 14:24:39 CET 2005

Yes, those options work the same for active or passive checks, kinda. If
you have a remote nagios daemon sending back the results then it will of
course respect all three (normal_check_interval, retry_check_interval,
and max_check_attempts), presuming they're configured the same on the
remote nagios host. If you have some other process sending the results
back then of course nagios has no control over normal_check_interval
_or_ retry_check_interval but it will wait for max_check_attempts before
alerting...

--
Marc