Problem with UNREACHABLE host

Larry Naves lnaves at mail.asc.edu
Mon Mar 14 20:37:36 CET 2005

I am running nagios 1.2 on Cent-OS 3.3.

I recenly had a scenario where one of our DS3s went down and 40 or so
hosts went down all at once. Nagios did a good job showing that the main
nodes were down and their children were unreachable. My problem is when
the circuit was restored all the hosts went from DOWN to UP alright but
one of the children hosts still showed UNREACHABLE. Its siblings all
changed back to UP and they have the exact same parents (two parents).
I only have one service configured for the trouble host and its
siblings ,cehck_ifstsatus (modified). After the host was reachable
apparently this service was still CRITICAL which nagios showed correctly
but it never
changed its host status back to UP. Is there an obvious reason for this?

Thanks,

Systems Analyst
Computer Sciences Corporation /
Alabama Supercomputer Authority