Version 2.0.2b Status.log problem

Marcel Smeets mpgsmeets at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 18:03:35 CET 2005

I have installed Nagios version 2.0.2b on one of our servers and it is
working fine. I am now moving to an other server and setting it up.
Compiled it from source, adjusted the config files and all the
host/services files. When nagios starts it is working partially.
Config can be viewed, Event Log also but not the most important part:
the CGI's of the hosts, services etc

I get an Error: Could not read host and service status information! error

After studiyng what is going on it appaers that with the start of the
nagios command the status.log file get's removed and is not created
again.

When I manually copy the status.log file from the other server to it's
place and reload the webinterface then everything appaers in the
window, but it does not work.

Something with the CGI's. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this
problem????

Marcel