How to define remote passive check commands in Nagios cfg file.

Demetri Mouratis dmourati at cm.math.uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 11 19:02:21 CET 2005

Sure.

define service{
        name                            trvr-service
        active_checks_enabled           0
        passive_checks_enabled          1
        check_command                   service-is-stale
        max_check_attempts              5
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        check_period                    none
        notification_interval           0
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        contact_groups                  trvr-contactgroup
        register                        0
        }

# DISK
# arg1 warning percentage free
# arg2 critical percentage free
define service{
        use                             trvr-service
        service_description             DISK
        hostgroup_name                  trvr-local
        }

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Braun Brelin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've written a program that checks an application log file for some data
> and sends the data to the send_nsca program which transmits it to the nsca
> daemon I have running on the Nagios server.
>
> What I'm unclear on is how to define the command and service in the
> appropriate configuration files.  For instance, what would I put into the
> 'command line' entry of a checkcommand template?
>
> Does anyone have any examples of a configuration file that defines a
> service which is a remote passive check?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Braun Brelin

Demetri Mouratis
dmourati at linfactory.com