nagios / apache

Jeffery P. Humes jeff at bofus.org
Wed Mar 9 14:02:35 CET 2005

Philipp,

since you compiled nagios to with "--with-htmurl=/home/nagios" it would
look here by default for "/cgi-bin", however you change that behavior
when you put an  alias for "/" in your apache config.  Now it is looking
for "/usr/local/nagios/share/home/nagios/cgi-bin/" because you set this
alias.  This alias is pretty much cancelling out the "--with-htmurl"
compile time parameter you set.

Unless you are really wanting the setup all over the place like it
looks, There are a couple of ways to fix your problem:

1.  recompile nagios with the normal settings, since it looks like you
are just repointing back to the default location

ServerName <servername.org>
DocumentRoot /usr/local/nagios/share
DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.htm default.htm index.php
Options None

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin /usr/local/nagios/sbin
<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin">
AllowOverride AuthConfig
Options ExecCGI
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

2.  setup an apache alias for /home/nagios/cgi-bin

    ScriptAlias /home/nagios/cgi-bin/ /usr/local/nagios/sbin/
         <Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin/">
            AllowOverride AuthConfig
            Options +ExecCGI
            Order allow,deny