CGI's fail with too much object conf data?

Ben Browning benb at theriver.com
Tue Mar 8 22:18:53 CET 2005

Jason Martin wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 09:19:28AM -0700, Ben Browning wrote:
>
>>I am in the middle of a massive Nagios implementation and I am running
>>into an ugly problem.
>
> The web UI is known to scale poorly. I haven't seen that
> particular issue, but at larger scales the CGI's don't response
> fast enough to be useful.

It only seems to happen when my object cache scales past 5M. I had a
relatively rapid response time using a ramdisk for my config and status
cache- maybe I will play with that some more.

> If you are using 2.0 you can use the nagios-db addon to decrease
> response time.

Yes, I am... Unfortunately it looks like there is just one web UI for
nagios-db, which *severely* limits it's usability in my environment... I
got it set up and it looks to be working fine, but I need the ability to
acknowledge outages and perform other commands.

Is there some other UI for nagios-db or some other way to do this? I
can't believe I am the first or only one to scale nagios up this far.

~Ben