Again I am obsessed by the obsess command ..:)

Gabriel Constantinescu gabriel.constantinescu at nobel.ro
Tue Mar 8 17:51:03 CET 2005

Hi all,

I am running two nagios servers in two different locations and everyone
of them is monitoring about 100 hosts with at least 1000 services.
Recently I activated the OCSP on both of them to have all the results on
both servers.
Unfortunately I ran into a problem. All service checks that are obsessed
run one at a time. Because of this the performance of service checks
under 5 minutes dropped to nearly 30% compared to 95%.This is a problem
for me because many services issue timeouts and graphs generated by
nagiostat are blank because the RRD needs the performance data in less
than 5 minutes.
Is there any solution to make nagios check the services concurently?
Because the max_concurrent_checks has no influence over this....

Best regards,
Gabriel Constantinescu.