CGI's fail with too much object conf data?

Ben Browning benb at theriver.com
Tue Mar 8 17:19:28 CET 2005

Hello all,

I am in the middle of a massive Nagios implementation and I am running
into an ugly problem.

It seems that whenever my object config cache grows over 5 meg or so,
the web ui stops working. I got the "Whoops!" error you receive when
nagios is not running, despite the fact that it clearly is running. I've
experimented, and it doesn't seem to be any one file that causes the
problem. The machine is not IO, mem, or proc bound. I do get load
averages of 6-7 sometimes while Nagios waits on the many many snmp
checks I have enabled.

Is anyone aware of this? Is there some tweak I can do to stop this from
ocurring?

~Ben