Escalation sanity check

Aaron Carr aaronhcarr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 15:07:57 CET 2005

ok...

I just want to run this past the list to see if my logic is making
sense.  (This is Nagios 1.2 btw)

I've configured our setup to alert appropriate contact groups on host
outages at 60 minute intervals.

With that in mind, if someone doesn't acknowledge the alert within 60
minutes, I want it to be escalated to the group manager.  So I defined
the following escalations:

define hostgroupescalation {
        hostgroup_name
hpux-servers,solaris-servers,linux-servers,vms-servers
        first_notification      2
        last_notification       0
        notification_interval   60
        contact_groups          unix-admins,management
        }

define hostgroupescalation {
        hostgroup_name          win-servers
        first_notification      2
        last_notification       0
        notification_interval   60
        contact_groups          win-admins,management
        }

So am I correct in my thinking that at the second notification (after
the first 60 minutes has passed), that the management will be notified
(in addition to the responsible group of course).

Thanks.

Aaron