FAQ ? How does one schedule downtime for all services in a hostgroup or a set of hosts ?

Tue Mar 8 07:12:22 CET 2005

Dear Folks,

If this is an FAQ, please say in which FM I should read, or roughly
where in the archives I could look; otherwise

How does one schedule downtime for all services on a collection of
hosts (say all the hosts in a hostgroup) through the CGIs ?

One may wish to do this, for example, if all the hosts used SAN or NAS
storage for their data/applications and the 'single point of failure'
SAN or NAS was scheduled for maintenance or upgrade.

Other than a script to

. parse the config files and extract all the services for the hosts in
the collection

. for each service
     submit a scheduled service downtime command

Is there any other way of doing this (preferably though the CGIs) that I
have missed ?

Is this the reason for defining service groups (in Nag 2.x) ?

Yours sincerely.

--
Stanley Hopcroft

IP Australia