Question concerning service escalations, Nagios 2.0b2

Nathan Oyler noyler at khimetrics.com
Fri Mar 4 22:55:09 CET 2005

I have my host escalations written out, but the service escalations
seems like a lot of entries to maintain.

I'd like to escalated services to the IT director on the second
notification while still notifying everyone else. I'd like to do
something like.

Host_[name|group] *
Contact_group ITDIRECTOR

And have it assume the other contact groups. It doesn't look like this
is the current setup, am I missing a very easy way to do this?

How does everyone else currently use service escalations? If I did one
for each host_name and service, that would be terrible to administer.

Doing them by Hostgroup would be easier, because my contacts are done
via hostgroup, but it doesn't look like it accepts that via the
documentation.

Nathan Oyler
Information Technology
480-308-2342 Office