check_disk plugin help

Nathan Oyler noyler at khimetrics.com
Fri Mar 4 21:20:55 CET 2005

You need to use check_nrpe to call the check_disk

./check_nrpe -H blah -c check_disk or in services.cfg

check_command                  check_nrpe!check_disk

Local plugins, like check_disk check_load check_swap need to be called
through check_nrpe.

And the limits are determined through the nrpe.cfg on the machine you
run it at.

If you do not have check_nrpe (it doesn't come by default), download it
and use that.

You'll need it installed on the machine you are going to as well. And
on. Chkconfig'd to.

It
> returns the same number when I check any disk on any server.  I'm
guessing
> it's some default number.
>
> I define the command like this:
> define command{
>         command_name    check_disk
>         command_line    $USER1$/check_disk -p $ARG1$ -w $ARG2$ -c
$ARG3$
> }
>
> And I use the service like this:
> define service{
>         host_name                       linuxserver
>         service_description             /dev/hda2
>         check_command                   check_disk!/dev/hda2!10%!5%
>         max_check_attempts              5
>         normal_check_interval           5
>         retry_check_interval            3
>         check_period                    24x7
>         notification_interval           30
>         notification_period             24x7
>         contact_groups                  admins
>         notification_options            w,u,c,r
> }
>
> I'm pretty sure I have to do something at the other end (the server I
am
> trying to check).  Because you can't just check a certain port to
check
> the about of space left on disk.  It seem like nagios would have to
log
> into the server or have some sort of privilege on the remote server.
The