questions regarding plugins and actions

Russell Miller rmiller at duskglow.com
Thu Mar 3 18:39:04 CET 2005

First question:  Is there a generic plugin framework around that I can use
as a starting point for writing a new plugin?

Second question:  I would like to write a plugin that monitors the last
modified time of a file and alerts if it hasn't been modified in 60
seconds.  Is there an existing plugin that can do this or will I need to
write one?

Third question:  I would like to have nagios take an action on receiving
such a notification in addition to alerting - I'd like it to restart a
process (the web server process, to be exact).  Can I use one of the
commands in the misccommands.cfg file (I think) to cause this to happen?

Essentially, my last question is more generally this:  Is there any reason
why nagios can't be more proactive in solving problems, or is it only
designed for notification?

--Russell

--
In Transit.