xinetd: FAIL: nsca service_limit

Chris Stankaitis chris.stankaitis at datawire.net
Thu Mar 3 21:34:44 CET 2005

I need some advice on this one, I am seeing a lot of this in my
/var/log/secure I have read that this is due to the cps setting in the
nsca xined.d config... which is fine, except I have mine set to 3000 cps
and am still getting the xinetd: FAIL: nsca service_limit message.  I
don't think I could actually be getting more then 3000 nsca connections
per second, is there anything else that could cause that? and is the
only fix raising the limit until it's no longer warning?

--Chris