Network Link monitor.

Kyle Laughbaum Kyle.Laughbaum at TheMedLehGroup.com
Fri Mar 4 16:16:48 CET 2005

All,

I'm sorry this post is outside the general scope of this mailing list,
but I'm trying to get information from the group that would most likely
be try to accomplish the same things.

My company is in the process of building a new datacenter and ownership
wants to setup a NOC.  I know that in addition to my Nagios server
keeping me informed on what is going on inside my environment, it shows
very well, great in fact.  What I am trying to find is a complimentary
app that will monitor my links between remote locations and our
datacenter.

I have an nTop (http://www.ntop.org <http://www.ntop.org/> ) Server
located at my datacenter and it collects a lot of great information, but
it's almost too detailed and in a format that show terrible.  I'm
looking for something that gives a bird's eye view of my network and its
links.  I'm mostly interested in ICMP response time presented in a
graphical format and bandwidth utilization.

Here is an example of what I was hoping to find:

http://wm.quest.com/products/SpotlightAD/img/diagnostic.jpg

The screen shot is in Re: to active directory, but it has the general
'look' I'm trying to find.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Kyle