Is there a way to prevent a host check in agive time period?

Erik Spigle erik-spigle at mihlfeld.com
Thu Mar 3 19:35:47 CET 2005

I checked several times and this time period that excludes this one hour out of every day is what is set for the check_period / notification_period for services (as stated in my first message on 02-25-05).  This is working as expected.  There is no service check or notification on any service of this host during this one hour "do not check / notify" period.

I am not using any type of passive checks, so I guess freshness checking is a non-issue.

No other hosts anywhere in the parent tree (or anywhere for that matter) are going down during this downtime time period.

Lastly, I'd really like to avoid hardcoding this to assume everything is OK during this time period by modifying the host check command.  Is there some other file I'm missing.  I've checked and checked again the hosts.cfg, services.cfg and timeperiods.cfg files.  They all are in line with each other about what time period to use for what host / services on that host.