check_dhcp problems.

Camron W. Fox cwfox at us.fujitsu.com
Thu Mar 3 19:00:46 CET 2005

Alle,

	We've recently installed 2.0b2 with plugins 1.4. When we run the
check_dhcp script from the XXX.XXX.142.0 subnet using one if the servers
on the XXX.XXX.154.0 subnet from a machine that has two interfaces, one
on the 142.0 (eth1) and one on a private network (XXX.XXX.249.253,
eth0), we get the failure below.
	I've searched the ML archives and can't seem to find anything that
directly appies (or I'm blind, which is a complete possibility). Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

[root at hilo libexec]# ./check_dhcp -i eth1 -v --serverip=XXX.XXX.154.3
Requested server address: XXX.XXX.154.3
DHCP socket: 3
Hardware address: 005004666f36
DHCPDISCOVER to 255.255.255.255 port 67
DHCPDISCOVER XID: 98530019 (0x5DF72E3)
DHCDISCOVER ciaddr:  0.0.0.0
DHCDISCOVER yiaddr:  0.0.0.0
DHCDISCOVER siaddr:  0.0.0.0
DHCDISCOVER giaddr:  0.0.0.0
send_dhcp_packet result: 548

recv_result_1: 324
recv_result_2: 324
receive_dhcp_packet() result: 324
receive_dhcp_packet() source: XXX.XXX.142.254
Result=OK
DHCPOFFER from IP address XXX.XXX.142.254
DHCPOFFER XID: 98530019 (0x5DF72E3)
DHCPOFFER chaddr: 005004666F36
DHCPOFFER ciaddr: 0.0.0.0
DHCPOFFER yiaddr: XXX.XXX.142.101
DHCPOFFER siaddr: XXX.XXX.154.3
DHCPOFFER giaddr: XXX.XXX.142.254
Option: 53 (0x01)
Option: 54 (0x04)
Option: 51 (0x04)
Option: 1 (0x04)
Option: 3 (0x04)
Option: 6 (0x0C)
Option: 58 (0x04)
Option: 59 (0x04)
Lease Time: 7200 seconds
Renewal Time: 3600 seconds
Rebinding Time: 6300 seconds
Added offer from server @ XXX.XXX.142.254 of IP address XXX.XXX.142.101

No (more) data received
Result=ERROR
Total responses seen on the wire: 1
Valid responses for this machine: 1
DHCP problem: Received 1 DHCPOFFER(s), 0 of 1 requested servers
responded, max lease time = 7200 sec.
[root at hilo libexec]#

Best Regards,
Camron