How to check Nagios itself??

Daniel maher dmaher at acetechnology.com
Thu Mar 3 16:40:09 CET 2005

I use Monit on a number of my servers, including my Nagios boxen.

http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/

It's basically a web interface to make sure that a given process is actually running.  It can interact with init scripts, and so forth, and even gives you some basic statistical information.

It's not fancy, but it's effective.

Daniel Maher
System Engineer
ACE TECHNOLOGY INC.