nagios check_log2.pl - gives no output error

Tharanga tharanga at roomsnet.com
Thu Mar 3 03:07:30 CET 2005

Hi,

Iam usig a plugin to check my syslogs.all remote hosts syslogs are redirect to my nagios server and on that sever iam running the check_log2.pl  script. if  i used that in command line its workign fine. but if i put that to nagios it gives no output error (iam cheking the "syslog" key word to just chek the result)
in my checkcomands.cfg i defined it as follws

define command {
command_name check_log2
command_line $USER1$/check_log2.pl -l /var/log/syslog -s /tmp/seek -p syslog
}

in my services.cfg

define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of service template to use
        host_name                       syslog-server
        service_description             Syslog monitoring
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              1
        normal_check_interval           1
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  linux-admins
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_log2
        }

it gives this output in nagios.log

1109736316] SERVICE ALERT: syslog-server;Syslog monitoring;CRITICAL;SOFT;1;(No output!)
[1109736356] SERVICE ALERT: syslog-server;Syslog monitoring;CRITICAL;SOFT;2;(No output!)
[1109736416] SERVICE ALERT: syslog-server;Syslog monitoring;CRITICAL;HARD;3;(No output!)