Newbie question!

Gerard Marcel men.makaron at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 20:47:48 CET 2005

I am a newbie and I have been unable to shake the error below:

Whoops!

Error: Could not open CGI config file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/cgi.cfg'
for reading!

Here are some things you should check in order to resolve this error:

   1. Make sure you've installed a CGI config file in its proper
location. See the error message about for details on where the CGI is
expecting to find the configuration file. A sample CGI configuration
file (named cgi.cfg) can be found in the sample-config/ subdirectory
of the Nagios source code distribution.
   2. Make sure the user your web server is running as has permission
to read the CGI config file.

Make sure you read the documentation on installing and configuring
Nagios thoroughly before continuing. If all else fails, try sending a
message to one of the mailing lists. More information can be found at
http://www.nagios.org.

I have read the most of the documentation so far.  this error occurs
when I try  to run a script on web interface.   All of the files are
in their correct/default location.

The documentation says that I am supposed to get config files from the
plugins installed, but I can't find any so I am using the samples that
come with nagios.  I have changed the samples to match my environment.
 My apache is running as user apache and it is a member of the nagios
group.

Nagios-2.0.b2
pluggins 1.4

TIA,