plugins & cisco

nagios_user at s1test1.it nagios_user at s1test1.it
Wed Mar 2 14:31:42 CET 2005

This is the first message that I send to this list,
so I want tell you hello.
Now I try to explain my problem...
I must check cisco's interfaces using nagios.
I've find a good plugin (perl) it's called "check_snmp_int.pl".
I'm able to use it only as command, but I can't use it with nagios.
I post (follow) my configuration file:

"services.cfg"
define service {
        host_name                       host_name
        service_description             CHECK_INTERFACE
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  admins
        notification_interval           240
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r
        check_command                   check_snmp_interface!my_community!eth*
        }

"checkcommands.cfg"
define command {
        command_name check_snmp_interface
        command_line $USER1$/check_snmp_int.pl -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C $ARG1$ -n
$ARG2$
}

I don't understand why nagios think that there isn't plugin:

Status Information:
(Return code of 126 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing)

Can you help me?
Thank you very much.

Rodolfo