check_citrix

Wed Mar 2 06:48:28 CET 2005

Dear Sir,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and say,

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 08:10:09PM -0800, nagios-users-request at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:

> Message: 4
> From: Robert Fitzpatrick <robert at webtent.com>
> To: Nagios <nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
> Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 09:02:07 -0500
> Subject: [Nagios-users] check_citrix
>
> I find a lot of information pertaining to check_citrix and not able to
> find this plugin. I did find these below, can't remember where, but
> unable to get them to work:

they are from /contrib of the 1.4 plugin release.

> check_ica_master_browser.pl
> check_ica_metaframe_pub_apps.pl
> check_ica_program_neigbourhood.pl
>
> For instance, when trying the following command:
>
> # 'check_check_ica_master_browser' command definition
> define command{
>         command_name    check_ica_mb
>         command_line    $USER1$/check_ica_master_browser.pl -B
> 172.16.1.255 -P $HOSTADDRESS$
>         }
>
> The Nagios response is:
>
> Failed. No response to helo datagram (master browser query) from
> 172.16.1.255.
>

> Any one know if I'm doing this right or where to get a better citrix
> plugin?

The check_ica* programs replace check_citrix* (since now there is a
completely different ICA protocol called Program
Neigbourhood[Metaframe XP]).

I am using all these plugins on both Metaframe and Metaframe XP.

You could try this command line instead,

check_ica_master_browser.pl -I $HOSTADDRESS$ -P $HOSTADDRESS$

You would need to do this if the master browser is on a different subnet
than the one containing Nagios.

Forget check_citrix, it was an older name for what is now called
'check_ica_master_browser'.

--
Stanley Hopcroft

IP Australia