Problem with nsclient check when upgrading to Nagios 2.02b

Tong Young Tong at ingenio.com
Wed Mar 2 02:20:49 CET 2005

This check works in 1.2 but not in 2.0x.  An extra $ gets added to the
end of the line which makes my check invalid.  Has anyone experienced
this or know how to fix it?  The error I get back is:

MSSQL$STGLISTING01$: Unknown

Here are my related configs:

# 'check_nt_service' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_nt_service
        command_line    $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v
SERVICESTATE -l $ARG1$ $ARG2$
        }

# stglist01 - SQL
define service{
        use                             stage-service
        host_name                       stglisting01
        service_description             Service SQL
        check_command
check_nt_service!MSSQL\$STGLISTING01!-d SHOWALL
        normal_check_interval           1
        max_check_attempts              1
        }