hosts in different subnet issue

Kyle Victor 13th.v1c70r at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 18:25:57 CEST 2005

i have Nagios up and running, and get good checks on 30 of 36 hosts

but 6 hosts keep coming back as DOWN

i am using the same command on all hosts check-host-alive (which is a
check_ping and send one packet)

the 6 that come back as DOWN "CRITICAL - plugin timed out after 10 secs" are
all in a different subnet four our in the DMZ 2 are firewall/router machines

the firewall is configured to allow traffic, and i can run the command from
command line and it works, but Nagios itself doesn't seem to want to check
these hosts, or is failing to check them

let me know if you want more info, or if any of you know where i
should/could look next of what i might need to change

thanks