check _ping question

Rusty Hall rhall at HealthVision.com
Thu Jun 30 15:52:52 CEST 2005

            Can anyone help me with this issue.  When I run the
following check_ping command I get mixed results some servers return ok,
and other come back with this:

Server 2 cpus  2.8  2 gb memory

Nagios 1.2  plugins  1.4   fedora core 2

Check command

# 'check_ping' command definition

define command{

        command_name    check_ping

        command_line    $USER1$/check_ping_wrapper -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w
$ARG1$ -c $ARG2$ -p 5

        }

Service

define service{

        use                             generic-service         ; Name
of service template to use

        host_name                       server1

        service_description             PING

        is_volatile                          0

        check_period                    24x7

        max_check_attempts        3

        normal_check_interval       2

        retry_check_interval          1

        contact_groups                ops,nagios,hsc

        notification_interval           10

        notification_period             24x7

        notification_options           w,u,c,r

        check_command              check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%

        }

Command line

./check_ping -H server1 -w 100,20% -c 500,60% -p 5

PING OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 0.27 ms

Thanks in advance

Rusty