Confusing problem with external command processing

Ian Davidson idavidso at juniper.net
Thu Jun 30 11:43:25 CEST 2005

I've tried working out what is wrong with my install but have hit a
brain-cell brick wall.

On my distributed server I can see the results of service checks being sent
via nsca to the central server:

[1120121933] SERVICE ALERT: emea-cns3;check-halo-service;OK;HARD;3;All
services are running

On the central server, I can see that information coming in (thanks to Steve
Shipway for helping me with nsca on that server!):

Jun 30 11:27:44 schumi nagios: EXTERNAL COMMAND:
PROCESS_SERVICE_CHECK_RESULT;emea-cns3;check-halo-service;0;All services are
running

But the web-page doesn't reflect this new data at all. It just doesn't
appear to be processing this information. The 'Last check' time-stamp
doesn't get updated at all...

Any pointers?

Thanks,

Ian

--
Ian Davidson
Corporate Network Services

"Chaos, panic & disorder - my work here is done."