service that has no associated host, how to configure?

prosolutions at gmx.net prosolutions at gmx.net
Thu Jun 30 07:09:49 CEST 2005

Hello,

I have a service that I want to test.  What it actually does is emulate
a network client that connects to an outside host (totally unrelated to
my network and not pingable) that gets routed back to my network and is handled by an LVS cluster.  Therefore there is no "host_name" really associated with this service.
It is just a test of a service that I want to run to make sure the
cluster is still behaving the way it is supposed to.  Given that
"host_name" is required for "define service", can anyone recommend how
to set this up properly in nagios config?