How can I check an application port within a host

Nathan Oyler noyler at khimetrics.com
Wed Jun 29 20:20:40 CEST 2005

> Hello all,
> I want to be able to check an app (Oracle) which is running the
database
> on my webserver. I want to be able to check my Oracle port (database)
on
> my webserver. I have looked at the plugins as well as nagios exchange,
but
> can not find what I think I need. Maybe I am not looking for the right
> thing. I am running 1.2 with plugins 1.4 on RH 7.3. Thanks in advance
for
> your help.
>
> Paul

[Nathan Oyler]

I use

check_oracle --db SID

I run this from NRPE with the check_oracle plugin on the local machine
with the DB.

I am not very familiar with the differences between how you check them,
so this may not be what you want, but it works perfectly for me.

I use 1.4 plugins.

check_oracle -V
1.9 (nagios-plugins 1.4.0alpha2)